Welcome to Pikemere Out of Hours & Holiday Club. On this page you will find information about the structure of the sessions.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide a safe and secure environment where the children feel happy and valued.
- Encourage children to make decisions and work together to resolve issues.
- Provide times within the session for “free play” as well as offering activities.
- Ensure every child is treated as an individual.
- Work in partnership with parents/ carers and the children to ensure the provision offers opportunities for all children to thrive and develop new skills.
- Encourage the children to have a voice in what play opportunities are available
- Continually evaluate our practice to ensure that the needs of all children and parents/carers are met.
Working in Partnership
- Open door policy
- Ensure parents/carers are fully informed of the school’s policies and procedures as well as our Out of Hours Club terms and conditions.
- Actively seek feedback about the provision from both parents/carers and children.
We are committed to providing
- Resources which are fit for purpose.
- Opportunities for play that promote independence, confidence and self-esteem
- A team of staff that are friendly, approachable and supportive. Staff will have appropriate qualifications and opportunities to develop personally.
When activities involve food, special dietary needs can be catered for. Please provide detailed information where required.
Children should dress appropriately for the weather. Staff are unable to re-apply cream throughout the day but will support children to use it themselves. Please provide labelled sun cream and a hat in hot weather. During the colder weather we will still access the outdoors so children need to bring a suitable coat and footwear.
Expectations regarding behaviour will be in line with the School’s policy and procedures. Bad language, rudeness, inappropriate behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. Staff will use the Good to be Green system that is used in school to ensure continuity for the children. If a child’s behaviour is a cause for concern, staff will speak to parents and work in partnership to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
We ask that children do not bring in valuables and toys from home as staff cannot be responsible for them. There will be plenty of opportunities throughout the session to access sports equipment, toys and resources in school. There will be no need for children to bring in their own unless asked to as part of an activity. In this case we ask that it is clearly labelled.
Throughout the session there will be activities for the children to join in with and opportunities to play and have “free time”. Children will need to bring in a spare set of clothing on days which involve messy activities, for example “Water Fun”.
At the end of the school day children will be collected from their classrooms by Out of Hours Club staff. They will then make their way to the mobile together. When collecting your child please ensure you sign them out on the daily register. If somebody different is collecting your child please ensure you let a member of staff know and the person knows the password which was agreed on the Registration Form.
A £10.00 charge will be payable for late pick-ups. If in the event nobody arrives to collect your child, staff will endeavour to contact parents and other emergency contacts. After an hour staff will follow the School’s Safeguarding Policy and have a duty to contact the Children’s Access Team or Police.
FOR FULL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES PLEASE REFER TO THE PIKEMERE WEBSITE
Christmas Fun at Pikemere!