|Purpose||· To foster a love and understanding of our local environment and the world beyond. |
· To understand how human processes and physical processes interact, and the effect they have on the human and physical environment.
· To develop and nurture inquisitive minds and to equip the children with skills in order to find answers to their questions.
|Process||· Regular fieldwork opportunities, making use of community links and local expertise |
· Read and make maps
· Have access to different kinds of maps in the classroom and on the wall with geographical vocabulary displayed
· Use classroom maps to make links to different subjects
· Be aware and encourage discussion of current affairs through the use of BBC Newsround, Geographical Association or Royal Geographical Society
· Take part in charity events, raising awareness and empathy of global issues
|Product||· Understand the cause and effect of different physical and human processes – how their actions affect the world around them and those who live in it. |
· View themselves as global citizens
· Have a thirst for knowledge and be well prepared , skills-wise, for the next stage of their education